To view the job posting in its entirety, please click on a position listed below:
Bus Driver (Part-Time)
September 5, 2018
The Housing Authority of DeKalb County (HADC) announces an opening for the position of:
Bus Driver (Part-time)
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Part-time Bus Driver is responsible for driving Authority bus and assisting residents in the use of the bus service. The duties listed below illustrate other various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements regarding duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment in association with this position.
- Operates Authority bus, picking up and discharging residents at various destinations according to needs and resident programming - always following Authority procedures and safety rules. Helps individuals enter and exit the bus (e.g. elderly, handicapped, etc).
- Walks around bus to observe any visual defects and checks operating systems (e.g., brakes, horn, windshield wipers, lights, first-aid kits, emergency flashers, door-opening devices, etc.) prior to departure.
- Maintains transportation logs and schedules, and checks residents being transported on and off the bus.
- Responsible for observing all local, city, and state traffic laws, regulations, and safety rules.
- At end of route, checks bus interior for any forgotten personal items following Authority policy and procedures in an effort to restore items to owners. Removes any waste items or newspapers.
- Follows a prescribed maintenance schedule to ensure the bus in always in good mechanical condition and routinely checks oil, water, and other fluids. Fills with gas and performs or provides for interior and exterior cleaning. Ensures inspections are performed in a timely manner.
- Completes appropriate reports at completion of shift, noting any safety items, resident complaints/comments, incidents, etc., including recording all appropriate resident information into the Resident Services database.
- Reports accidents immediately to appropriate personnel, requesting police or ambulance service as needed. Completes Authority accident report.
- Accountable for consistent adherence to Authority standards regarding the ethical, responsible, and appropriate use, care, and safeguarding of Authority materials, supplies, resources, and other assets.
- Undertakes and performs other work-related duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or provide relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
- High School diploma or possession of a certificate of equivalence of High School Achievement (GED). Prefer one (1) year of progressive experience in reception, clerical work, the secretarial field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Drivers must have three (3) years of experience driving a van or bus.
- Must hold a currently valid Class B commercial driver's license and have a good driving record.
- Good knowledge of general office practices and procedures, including business English and arithmetic.
- Good skills in operating computer equipment, applicable Agency software, and general office machines.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet and deal tactfully, professionally, and courteously with the public and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees. Must maintain polite, cordial manner in dealings with clients.
- Ability to deal effectively with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to understand and follow moderately complex written and oral instructions.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to be covered under the Authority’s fidelity bond.
- Ability to be covered by the Authority’s fleet insurance carrier.
MINIMUM SALARY: DOQ
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
The Housing Authority of Dekalb County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.